Wednesday, July 27, 2016

STILL THE SUN-KISSED FIELDS AND HAY (POSSIBLY ONTO THE NEXT, WHICH WOULD BE WATERCOLOR PAINTINGS AND/OR PASTEL DRAWINGS)



Camera/phone, - whatever it is all called, - broken or out of order. Can’t seem to get it all working. So, no pictures, and maybe it is just as well. Time for a new pursuit. Go with the wind, go with the Tao, go with Spirit, and go with Whatever. If I paint, it will be a bit slow, because watercolors take some time. Then what do you do with it? - Just have a bunch of watercolors around I guess. But that is the only next step I can think of. I don’t know anything about sculpture, and I can’t make music, so the only thing really might be painting. They will, if it comes to fruition, be watercolors, on small coverings, - probably of nature and the same but always new trees, sun, moon, constellations, yada yada yada…
 
But if this is the way it goes, I must recap, - and take stock, because if the photographs are over, - it was one helluva proverbial ‘good run.’ I think photos showed up in about ten to fifteen magazines, and there is an actual photo spread coming out in a magazine sometime in autumn. And it’s a print magazine. Also, - there were five to seven photos on the covers of magazines! And I really liked the magazines. One graced the cover of a magazine called The Tishman Review. Another was on the front (and was a complete cool ‘wrap around cover- front and back), of a publication named The Broad River Review. Black Napkin Press and also an issue of The Corvus Review both featured work of mine as cover art. I was also had work chosen for Rat’s Ass Review to go on the cover. This was all a great adventure in all ways! I found I loved working with the editors and magazines overall, because they ‘got it,’ and understood the work and what it was trying to say. I have a little corner of my book shelf that houses the issues that come in print.

But now- it’s a liminal time. What does the spirit, the muse, the calling, call for? It’s better to follow the prompting of the whole than one’s own idea. So, - I shall be curious to find out. Today I went to the fields, after it had rained and cooled some. How tall the grasses and tree vines have grown. How long and winding the pathways that I had half forgotten. And the sun, so powerful,- starting to heat up again just as it is going beginning its descent, like some prize fighter that is falling down but will not give up and is swinging, singing, shining. I only did a third of the walk though, and precisely because it began to become too hot again after a brief cooling off period. Ah,…but even though I have stock and archived photos, this will be the first posting in 125 or so posts, that will go without a landscape photo or photos of some sort.

It’s symbolic, this absence.

Of the transitional time, - where one is neither here nor there artistically, - and in limbo, in the liminal as I mentioned. But, - I shall see. As I saw the sun-kissed fields and hay, the wonderfully odd plants and wildflowers, the feral shrubs and even chaparral, I began to get some ideas for watercolors. All I would need to begin are some quite accessible paints and a few surfaces. I could also use some pastel drawing supplies- there is nothing wrong with that,- nothing terrible about a change of mediums,- and I might discover something new,- some secret or angel in the shades, the whites, or all the things in between...



---------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment