Sunday, April 10, 2016

SUNDAY MORNING



Yesterday, a rare thing happened. The dogs missed their walk. That means their daddy did also. And though unusual, days do arrive where there is not the time. So this morning we were all raring to go as it were. It was and is unseasonably cold. The sky far from the dazzling blue with white streaks or shapes, presents as gray and white- something in-between gray and white as if the firmament was not majorly depressed but still landing on the side of melancholic as opposed to joyful. 
 
But as we went in there, spirits seemed to lift anyhow. The fresh air, the lack of people (there must have been over ten cars and trucks but most head off the other way, - to the right). I thought, so be it, we are here, - so we will decide to be happy. I saw the extra energy right away. It’s subtle, but it is there. We walked out to the clearing, which takes about twenty to twenty five minutes, - and stayed around there for almost an hour before heading back the way we came.

It was quiet and I heard to Canadian Geese yelling at each other or something. They were far off but began to get closer. Practically over my head they came racing towards some destination. The snow began to fall a bit- and the wind brought it around. The dogs raced all around a sand-pit at that point. They particularly love the perimeter of it. 

Sometimes I think they are showing off with their races and chasing. The sound of their feet on the earth, rumbling, reminds me of horses coming across fields in some movie or movies…

Walking farther afield, there was a little yellow flower, only a dandelion I think- trying to blossom near
a piece of Birch skin. Wolfie seemed to disappear while I was looking at it. Tessa and I waited for longer than usual. I called, but no sign. When he came back about a full ten minutes later he was soaked as he must have found a small pond or something. He seemed happy, in his truest spiritual, emotional, and physical element. Some proud aura around him then- Look what I have done and what I am built to do!

The birds came back just about then, - straight overhead this time. There were a few trees that I noticed, filled on the sides with wild mushroom growth.
Again Wolfe ran up a large hill while I was looking at them. I could see him chasing at something. A glance around told me there was nobody near, - plus I thought of the energy he was getting out still, - and let him be. Tessa and I meandered on. Sometimes she ran off here or there, - but not to that extent- not this time anyhow. He came back, appearing on the other side of us, - as if through magic.

I don’t know how he moves that fast. Sometimes I am given the impression of a shape-shifter or shaman.

Along the way we went. Soon it was time to leash up and head towards the van. It was getting even colder, maybe even more gray and dull on the outside. No summer dusk of golden fields that quietly bend like dancers in some song. No wonderful moon, there, above, w/some new night bird. No cricket song or purple-blue-orange horizon line. 

Just cold and grey.

But we were better for having gone.

Much better.


------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment