Saturday, September 3, 2016

THE THEME OF NATURE WALKING




            It was quiet there. The last days of summer or the first few days of autumn upon us. Not officially, but the month has changed calendar hands. Is that a saying? It should be. The vacationers and the such-like-…gone up North, - which leaves the forest relatively empty for a Saturday morning. We headed across the back way to boot, - which made for a completely solitary journey. Didn’t see a soul coming or going. We followed the second path in- and walked along the top of the valley wall. It’s about three stories down and the slope is very pronounced to say the least. I could here a few things, - like the odd bird, or the rustle of a squirrel or chipmunk. There are spiders’ webs everywhere, - intricate, well made, lit up by the sun that filters itself through the tree cover. I don’t know…I was thinking after studying about the sprites, the devas, the elementals, the fairies, what I call, but I did not really see them referred to as such…as the guardians. I didn’t see any, - not even in the third eye, - but before that, - in vision, - I saw oddly enough a monkey. Usually monkey is bad, a trickster, but not a good trickster like a coyote, but a sarcastic one. Sarcasm, to me, - for the most part, - denotes something lowly. That’s just me. But this monkey,-different from one in imagination- was something- even kind of talking- like a miniature guardian or way shower- and after I read about it. But that’s all neither here nor there,- and one must stick even when inside the Oneness, with the apparent duality,- in order to navigate, to negotiate,- the world…and especially the world in a forest,- and for quite certain the world on a high Ridgway inside said forest. Besides, - there ain’t no monkeys there, that is for sure. I wondered though, about my old coyote friend, - maybe gone back to being nocturnal, or migrated to somewheres’ else. Oh well, - I would have like to have seen him again, - fuzzy, medium sized, curious, spry, camouflaged. But no, there is nothing there then, was nothing there then, - that I could see or hear or discern. It was almost too quiet, but I appreciated it nonetheless. The dogs when they saw the big opening at the end went to the sand pit and adjacent fields and ran jumped, played, and explored. I took a few pictures, looked around, walked onwards, - and after about twenty minutes there we began our way back. That is how it goes. Sometimes this happens, and sometimes that is seen. Sometimes textured cloud cover gets ready for rain, while at others it’s clear, incredibly bright, sort of beyond reality itself- like a hyper reality or Meta reality. But, all in all, - it’s a forest and field, pathways, flowers, birds and trees. Variations on a theme. The theme of nature walking.


-----------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment